12.10.2007

Knocked Up & down, sideways ;)


Saturday, Dec 8th, we are hanging around watching tv and I just felt the need to test. Sure enough, staring back at me is a BFP. I kinda freaked out in the mirror by myself, with a million things running through my head. First was how to tell Chuck - which I decided to put a bow on test and tell him I had a present. He was shocked as well and was just smiling and giggling.

Back story - yes we decided we wanted to try to have a baby during our trip to ITALY. Although we assumed we would have some TTC since I have half an ovary left from ovarian cancer surgery when I was 17. So of course we were a bit more surprised it happened when we wanted it. But this also immediately makes me so happy that in fact that my remaining baby maker does in fact still work ;)

We kinda enjoyed the information between each other that night and decided in the morning (and after one more digital test) that we should share the information with our parents and my gmom. We called my gunit first as she is pretty much my best friend besides my husband. She was pretty happy, started to cry and said we would make great parents, which was the nicest thing anyone said to us yesterday. She was already planning her trip up from FLA when we got off the phone. Next we went to my moms to tell her and my little sister. Both cried as well but I can't remember my mom saying anything to Chuck which is kinda werid (and totally different back story there). We tried to hook up with my husband's parents but just like with our engagement news, they were not to be found! So we called his mom this morning and gave her the news. My SIL is due in June so there is a lot of baby activity on that side for sure :) Here's hoping we both have a happy and healthy 9 months.

I made the first appt for next Wed which is kinda crazy! We are very excited and looking forward to meeting this lil one. It is just amazing to us how quickly our weekend seriously just changed our lives ;) for the better.
More to come

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com